Friday 12 November 2010

All Things Bright and Quiltiful


I've been wanting to make this quilt from Two Little Banshees for a while, and have spent many an hour trawling through Etsy to find the perfect fat quarter combination at the perfect price (I swear I could sew munchkin a wardrobe a week if I didn't use the internet. My ridiculous pledge went out the window months ago). But a couple of fabrics in my stash caught my eye, and I've ended up only buying 3 fat quarters, which has saved me a lot of money.

I have never made a quilt before, but I think this will be a good one to start with as it seems really simple and the instructions are well written. I will have grandma pickledweasel on hand to help as she has made several, so I'm hoping she'll show me the best binding techniques.

I'm not sure about my fabric combos though. Three of the FQs are quite subdued and muted:

and three are a bit louder:


It'll be bound and backed with this leafy print, which has been in my stash for a while.


The finished item will be a nap quilt for Munchkin, and the woodlandy / brown theme is to fit with her treehouse wallpaper. Do you think it will work? Or should I make two quilts, one quiet one and one loud one?

2 comments:

  1. I thought cool quilts required some loud patterns? Count that as my vote for the combo you have, especially for a preschool quilt. It will be darling and funky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think those fabrics will look great together :)

    ReplyDelete