Thursday 10 September 2009

'...you and me babe, how about iiiit'

That was me singing. I've had the Dire Straits song 'Romeo and Juliet' in my head for the last couple of days, since my shiny brand new niece was born late on tuesday night :) She's called Juliet Rose, and the whole pickledweasel family are very excited about meeting her tomorrow.

Technically she's mr pickledweasel's niece, as it's his sister who's popped the sprog, but I get to call her my niece too, right? I'm not sure about the rules on these things. Is she my niece by marriage? Anyhoo, goes without saying that I've had to make her some presents. Her big present is a travel cot, which is very very boring, but very very useful, and the sort of thing that new parents appreciate.

I've made her a sleeping Bimble, which has a bell inside, so when she bats him with her little waving baby hand he'll make a noise.


And I've made her a bib (obviously!), modelled here by the lovely Big Ted.


I'll be clucking and cuddling and getting broody all weekend, so I'll not be posting for a few days, but there will be baby pics a plenty on my return :)

1 comment:

  1. I've never heard of a Bimble before but I absolutely love it and want one!

    What a lovely name for a little girl.

    ReplyDelete