Thursday 17 September 2009

Christmas Making...

...as opposed to Christmas shopping. Sorry to mention the 'C' word in September, but as I'm aiming to make at least one present per person I kind of need to prepare in advance :) This'll be a regular(ish) slot, so as I finish making presents I'll tell you all about them.



This first one is a test - I don't think this present would remain uneaten in my fridge until December :) My brother's girlfriend is a self-confessed chocoholic, so I thought I'd try my hand at making her something sweet. This recipe was in Olive - I've tried to find it online but it's in this month's issue, and I think they don't put the current recipes on the website until next month.


It's Rose, Fig and Pistachio Chocolate bar and it's flippin lush! The rose bit comes from Rosewater, which I've never used before, and it gives it a slightly alcoholic flavour. The recipe says you can use dried rose petals as well, but I've given those a miss mainly because I couldn't find any in my local shops. I used half the quantities in the recipe, and it made more than enough to fill a gift box for someone. It's passed the mr pickledweasel taste test as well, so I'll be knocking a batch up closer to Christmas. Next on the list - a neckwarmer, all in one piece this time though, not cobbled together from squares.

No comments:

Post a Comment