Tuesday 29 September 2009

Autumn days when the grass is jewelled...

.....And the silk inside a chestnut shell
Jet planes meeting in the air to be refuelled
All these things I love so well

That was my all time favourite hymn ever in the world at primary school. You can watch a slightly naff photo montage piano version of it here with the full lyrics. *sigh* happy days :)


So it's autumn. I'm out of denial. It's not going to be summer again until next year (allegedly). It's long sleeved vest time again, and as Munchkin seems to have grown quite a bit (why do children insist on doing that?), I've had to buy some new ones. I chose plain white ones because they're cheaper, and can be customised, of course!


I've kept it nice and simple with a bit of stamping, as applique on a vest is a pain in the bum and I can't be faffed with it. Plus I have a squillion things to do, including putting together my very first tutorial. Yes, a tutorial! It's all very exciting. Whether anyone will actually bother following it or not is another matter, but it's the blood, sweat, tears and mental exhaustion thought that counts, right?

3 comments:

  1. Ooh you've got me singing that now, I loved it at school too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo, looking forward to a tute! Cute vests too :)

    ReplyDelete